Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial day WOD "MURPH"

I took one look at this WOD and thought "Damn this soldier must have been one bad ass because this workout is going to destroy me".

WOD Murph

1mile Run
100 push-ups
200 pull-ups
300 squats
1 mile Run

In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it "Body Armor". From here on it will be referred to as "Murph" in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

Obviously I was not completing this workout with a weighted vest but according to my Coaches the easiest way to crush this workout was to split it up. Do your 1 mile run then do 20 rounds of 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 squats then finish with 1 mile run.
Honestly I had one thought in my mind "just finish"! Walking into the box yesterday was nerve racking, but also an honor. We did this WOD as a salute to this fallen soldier and to the many that gave their lives for our country. So with that in mind it made it a little easier to push through it.
I am not going to lie it wasn't easy! I finished in 49:41. Something I am happy about because I just hoped to finish in under an hour.
There was about 50 us at North Country Crossfit that completed this WOD. Everyone defeated it at their own pace and rocked it! Once again to see all the members kill this workout was amazing. Everyone should be proud of how far they have come since beginning Crossfit. No way in hell I could have completed this 3 months ago but because of my coaches I did! So thanks Coach Meg and Ben for getting me strong enough! 



GREAT WORK everyone at NORTH COUNTRY CROSSFIT!! & to all the other Crossfitters that completed WOD Murph!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment