Friday, March 29, 2013

Breakthrough

YES!! I lifted more than 3/4 of my body weight!!! NEVER in all my life would I have ever thought I could have done this. My form when lifting it was less than perfect BUT I did it!!! 
Today was the 13.4 workout for the Crossfit Open. It was as follows:

Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes
95 pound Clean and jerk, 3 reps
3 Toes-to-bar
95 pound Clean and jerk, 6 reps
6 Toes-to-bar
95 pound Clean and jerk, 9 reps9 Toes-to-bar
95 pound Clean and jerk, 12 reps
12 Toes-to-bar
95 pound Clean and jerk, 15 reps
15 Toes-to-bar
95 pound Clean and jerk, 18 reps
18 Toes-to-bar...
This is a timed workout. If you complete the round of 18, go on to 21. If you complete 21, go on to 24, etc.



So you thought I was scared of 75 lbs, one look at 95 lbs and I was terrified! All day today I had anxiety, I just couldn't get out of my head. I kept thinking "how am I going to lift 95 lbs?". I went North Country Crossfit still feeling like "Wow, I am about to attempt this". Coach Meg and Ben walked up to me and said "You got this Samantha, you have lifted this weight before, just get under it. You can do this". They are right, I have lifted it before but only in a 1 rep max. That's so different from completing it multiple times over and over. Then coach Ben said pointing to my head "Its all in here". YES, that's it...I just needed to remember what I had wrote in my blog last week. Tell that voice in your head to back the frick off....YOU CAN DO IT!  Then I looked around  the box. I saw and heard all the confidence my coaches had in me and I thought "If they say I can do it, I can do it damn it!" I am not going to lie, my first few attempts I struggled. But listening to Coach Meg egg me on and my Crossfit Family screaming in the background, I got it. Once I got one it went slightly smoother, by the end I got 8 reps in. I know that doesn't seem like much considering the above, but for me it is a BIG Confidence booster! 


Today just before starting the 13.4 workout, I for some reason felt the need to yell "There is no CANT in Crossfit!!". There should be no CANT in any part of your life. If you think it, If you dream it, IT CAN be done. The only person holding you back is you! So not only in Crossfit but in everyday life, its your mind that decides your fate. You either fail or succeed based on what you think you can do. But if at first you do not succeed, TRY and TRY again until you do! 

So thank you Coach Meg and Ben for the boost of confidence today! It was much needed and I will carry it through to my next workout! GOOD LUCK all you 13.4 Crossfiters out there! Remember......THERE IS NO CANT IN CROSSFIT!

Truly yours, little Crossfit Beast
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment