Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rely on your Crossfit Family

Today, I watched my son roll around on the ground screaming and crying because he couldn't get something he wanted. As I watched him (slightly angry), I thought "Oh dear god, this is me!". I am this little 3 year old screaming and crying about getting myself healthy, while my coaches are trying to reason with me. Most likely they are saying to themselves "If you would just god damn listen to me!" So hear goes, Coach Ben and Coach Meg, you are right.I am going to STOP being the hard headed inner 3 year old child I am, and LISTEN TO MY COACHES! I will not say sorry for last nights blog though, Only because I know most likely people that start eating Paleo Style feel this way, I am just the dumb ass that expresses it out loud. :)

I had a good wake up call today from one of our very own Crossfit family members, Craig De Boos. Craig helped me see that I was looking at this ALL wrong! Its not about competing with someone or for something. Its about making myself all I can be. Its about challenging myself to my fullest potential. Coach Meg said to me tonight, "getting the nice body and lifting better are just a side effect of eating Paleo, but really it comes down to eating healthy for you". She is totally right! If I can just get past 1 week and onto 2 and 3, I will start to feel the benefits of eating Paleo Style! Its getting over that hump. 
Craig also sent me this awesome article: http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/editorials/0000021.shtml . This is a MUST read for any athlete and ANYONE trying to get into any type of sport, including Crossfit. The first step is getting off your butt and doing it, Once you do that, you are automatically "that guy/girl"! You are one step ahead of that person still sitting on the couch.

Nobody EVER said it was going to be easy, nobody EVER said I would feel great 2 days in, and certainly nobody EVER said it wasn't going to be work. So if you want to play, that's all part of the game. Last nights blog, was a true mental break. I took a day off from Crossfit and was feeling the brunt of eating Paleo. Walking into the box today I realized, I just needed some Crossfit family time.  Even though I know why I am doing Paleo, I just need to hear and see why? I guess for now while I am in the first part of it, I will need Crossfit Family time daily! :) 

So THANK YOU Craig, Coach Meg and Ben, and my other Crossfit family for the pep talks today! It was much needed. To all you readers, LISTEN TO YOUR COACH and rely on those who are going through the exact same thing as you for wise words and wisdom! :)


Yours Truly, "Crossfit Child"
Samantha





No comments:

Post a Comment