Thursday, March 14, 2013

Crossfit, a Kids Community too!

DID YOU KNOW KIDS CAN CROSSFIT TOO???

People question me all the time, "Why do you do Crossfit?". There are a lot of reasons why, my health, my mind, my body, motivation, etc. The list is endless. But today I want to focus on one particular reason. My child! First and for most I want to say how WONDERFUL North Country Crossfit has been to my son. Even though he is a VERY active 3 year old who tends to run around the gym while we are working out, they never discourage me from brining him along. In fact its quite the opposite, they embrace him with open arms. He sometimes workouts out with us or even streches with us. I LOVE seeing that. I aslo, believe this to be true about all of the Crossfit community. If you want to be a part of something Kid friendly, Crossfit is it.  All across the country Crossfit not only has Adult WOD's but they also have Kid WOD's. I never thought when joining the Crossfit community this would be a part of it. I understand that 5k's and 10k's have family fun runs and kids runs, but the extra benefit that children get from Crossfit can be amazing. It positively impacts the body’s capacity for exercise and lays the foundation for the remaining general physical skills says Cindi Rodi of Crossfit Kids 101. It isnt offered for children yet at North Country Crossfit but I cant wait till it is.
http://www.crossfitkids.com/index.php/crossfit101/
My Son and Coach Bruin!
My son doing some kiddie lifting
 As a mother and a Pre/Post Natal Exercise Specialsit, I am someone who is a true believer in being active to stay healthy. I think my son will only benefit from watching me exercise. I have always said "An active child begins in the womb". If the mother is active, most likely the child will be active. I have been a part of gym's, either they allow children or they dont. If they do, your child is in a daycare far away from where you are working out. Which is fine, if you want peice and quiet (believe me some days I do). But I always wanted my son to see what was going on and watch. As they say "Monkey see, Monkey do". Before I joined Crossfit, I always worked out at home, pushed my stoller on my runs and carried a trailer on my bike rides. I wanted my son to be a part of it. FINALLY, I can take him along with me, where he can see what it is all about.

SO THANK YOU North Country Crossfit and the Crossfit Community for embracing my child into the Crossfit world! :)

Your Truely "Crossfit Momma"

Samantha



No comments:

Post a Comment